WORK INNOVATION PROGRAM
This summer, StreetCode Academy in partnership with the City of East Palo Alto is launching a tech-centered career workforce development program. Through this program we aspire to generate economic opportunities in the tech industry for East Palo Alto residents. StreetCode’s year-long pilot program will support twenty individuals with funding to cultivate their tech skills and career opportunities.
The StreetCode Work Innovation Program will offer weekly programming focusing on developing three foundational principles — mindset, skills, and access — within the selected tech pathway while accommodating to each individual’s learning pace.
Come learn and engage in the future of tech careers and become certified within one of our four tech pathways:
- Free StreetCode Classes twice a week in the desired pathway
- Weekly Workforce Development Lab for career readiness preparation
- Speaker Series with industry professionals
- Class Office hours
- One Funded Certification in desired pathway
- 1:1 Mentorship with Professionals
- Professional Development Workshops
- Shadow Tech Companies for Real-World Experience
- LinkedIn Profile Creation
- Job Application and Interview Support
- Exposureship Opportunities
- Career Fairs
StreetCode is committed to ensuring the program as accessible for all participants over the year-long program. To do that, we will provide:
The classes we will be held in person at either EPA Center Arts or New Sweet Home, both in East Palo Alto. We can assist those who may need transportation to and from our location. The program will be held Monday and Wednesday evenings 6-8:30, with optional office hours on Thursday evenings.
You do not need to be working in the tech industry, nor working at all, to qualify for the program.
The best thing you can do is tell us your story! We are looking for individuals with a drive to use the program to further their career opportunities.
If you have more questions please reach out to Juanita Croft, email@example.com